Första träningsmatchen ikväll
15 aug, 11:08 0 kommentarer
Idag spelar SDE sin första träningsmatch för säsongen när man tar emot Linköping HC i Enebybergs ishall. Vi ställde några frågor till SDE:s nya tränare Dominique Di Rocco
1. So you’ve been here in Sweden and with SDE for just about a week now - what are your impressions so far of Sweden, SDHL and SDE?
-Sweden is a beautiful country and the weather has been great. So much of the environment reminds me of where I'm from on Vancouver Island and that has helped with the adjustment of moving from Canada.
As I learn more about the SDHL its clear there are many positives about how the league works and promotes professional female programs and athletes.
I have enjoyed being on the ice with not only our SDHL team but also with the SDE youth programs. These experiences are excellent opportunities for me as a Caandian to learn about programming here in Sweden and grow as a coach.
2. Anything you are surprised about?
-Coming from Canada we hear positive things about the SDHL and the 10 teams that compete in the league. The athletes in this league are of high quality and I'm looking forward to experiencing a season in the SDHL and with SDE.
3. Just about a month to go to the season premiere and SDE will play the first pre season game on today - what are your thoughts?
-We've had a good couple weeks of training with the group, its early but we feel like there is a lot to build on this season with our group. As a new staff we are excited about the 4 exhibition games to calibrate the details and grow as a team.
4. The majority of the team is remaining from the last season which was a successful season for SDE - how do you think that will influence this upcoming season?
-It's always a benefit to return many players from the year past. In our case it will help us absolutely in many ways, but we also know every year is different. Our focus will be on this new season and a fresh start for this group.
5. What kind of SDE will we see on the ice this fall?
-We will look to play well as a unit with and without the puck, make sure our defensive details are sharp and enjoy competing with and for each other each weekend. It is a process, and our staff and players will work to achieve our goals this season one day at a time.