Personliga Rekordens Tävling 6h - Växjö (16/12/2017)
18 dec 2017 3 kommentarer
Planned: 6 hours, at least 60km, top3 or 5, aiming for 70km following Kent M suggested strategy, never give up, crawl down on the track if need be...
Actual: 6 hours - 68,924km. 1st lady, 1st age category, 2nd total (by 50m...)
Need a bit of time to summarise all this but right now here it goes:
- lousy preparations
- too much stress at work lately - not enough recovery and good sleep for past weeks before the race
- fantastic team on-site, to ensure energy intake, cheering and all needed support
- fun-run solo for 6 hours
- happy 1st lady... until hearing I had only 2 guys not far ahead of me
- happy 1st all during last 30 minutes or so,... until got to let this place during the final lap of sprint, where I had no chance to hang along without hurting my knee badly
- disappointed 2nd "all categories"... having the "victory for all" 50m away...
- cool meeting Rune Larsson, while waiting for the live-interview, telling me this was nice to have a new elite ultrarunner in Sweden :-P
> Second race ever on track
> Fun place to run
> Fun race
> Longest ever run in distance
> Longest ever run in time
> First ultra ever > Nice victory shared with the small ones (best-ever team)
A bit sensitive everywhere the day after. But quite ok considering the achievement. Two purple toenails and chafing burnmarks a bit everywhere are a low price to pay for this experience...
Passed the marathon distance in a cool and easy tempo in 3:32, added quite some sprints during the long sides of the track. Oki.
One ultra this year? Check!